1/13/2006

Dirty Dishes


Dirty Dishes ... arrrgh
Wish I had a dime for every dish I've ever washed in my lifetime!
I'd be a $Billionaire$

Yes, I know,
I should be and I AM thankful for all the food that crossed those plates.

But honestly, with such a huge wonderful beautiful world
just on the other side of my kitchen window to explore,
being stuck in one place washing dishes day after day after day
IS a bummer.
The worst is doing the cooking AND the cleaning up.
I don't mind cooking,
and I don't mind the cleaning up
if someone else does the cooking ...
but doing both is rough.

Not only home dishes...
Having worked in a variety of restaurants all my life,
adds even more to the total I've handled and washed.
Some days I'd rather do ANYTHING on this earth
rather than face yet another
never- ending stream of dirty dishes.

But then, there are days
when the very sensual as well as spiritual enjoyment comes thru.
Feeling the warm sudsy water on my aching hands,
smelling the clean aroma of the dishwashing liquid,
seeing the gleam of clean white plates,
hearing the swish of running water and the clinking of cups & glasses.
The momentary ecstasy
of a cool breeze blowing in thru the window.
The feeling of being snug as a bug
in my own private sacred nourishing haven.

And then, the gratitude . . .
for the familiar pots & pans,
for the abundance of wholesome food,
for the window over the sink,
for the sense of Home Sweet Home.


Graphics by Penny Parker



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home