1/10/2006

These Are The Days of My Life

This is going to be a mini-blog within my blog.
A daily recap of what's happening each day.

Today, January 10, 2006
Biggest part of my day (hours & hours) was spent painting.
Yesterday, a friend who is helping me get into jewelery-making brought over the precut peices of wood to make a 48" work cubicle like he uses.
So today was spent painting it all over with white primer (which is all it will get, no real paint).
The white will help lighten it up and make the colours of the jewelry POP.
I'm very excited, I dabbled in jewelry way back in 1986 when my Aunt died and hers was given to me. I spent the summer restringing and rearranging it all to update it . I was in my ZEN ZONE and wanted to continue with it but couldn't afford more beads & tools.
So fast forward to 2005 and my life insurance salesman makes jewelry on the side & claims he makes more $ from selling it than from selling insurance.
He pulled together a starter kit from his stuff and gave it to me for Christmas THRILL THRILL, BLING BLING!
Have made about 17 bracelets and a necklace so far, I'm on my WAAAAAAAY : )

BIG BIG bummer news today...
I've been really sick since Thanksgiving weekend with some mysterious kidney problem (among some other symtoms).
Looked at the calendar and had 2 appointments with my Doctor at the low income health center i go to, so i called to verify them and found out the one for this month was canceled, so it will be Feb 28th before i can go in,( Gawd if I live that long!)
Everything i eat or drink causes excruciating pain in my kidneys, so now i'm just eating one slice of raison toast for breakfast and a protein drink at night with some water during the day. Even the water hurts. Would be great if I can lose some weight with this (only 8 lbs so far) but my main concern is the pain...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home